Developments in economics of intellectual property rights
BETA, University of Strasbourg, will held a workshop on the issue of “Developments in economics of intellectual property rights”, october 8-9, 2014.
We are thus soliciting both theoretical and empirical work from senior and junior researchers focusing on the issue of intellectual property rights, how economic actors use them, the different strategies, their economic consequences, and economic reforms needed in order to optimize the way intellectual property rights contribute to social welfare. Papers on the following issues will be particularly welcome:
- How the digital economy affects the economics of copyrights
- The economics of patent pools and standards
- Patents, technology transfer and markets for technology
- Complementarity between different intellectual property rights
- The economics of the European unitary patent
- Patents and university-industry linkages
- Innovation and creation without intellectual property rights
- Does open innovation increase innovative capacity?
Deadline for submission (extended abstract) : 15th June 2014.
Acceptance notification: Mid July 2014.
Communication of full paper: No later than mid-September.
Looking forward to welcoming you in Strasbourg,
Agnieszka Kupzok Patrick Llerena Julien Pénin